Steps To Take After A Workplace Injury

What Steps Do I Need To Take After A Work Injury?

If you suffered an injury in a workplace accident or developed an illness due to workplace conditions, you likely have many questions about workers’ compensation benefits and how to obtain them. In Minnesota, there are a few important steps you must take to protect your right to receive work comp benefits, including consulting with an experienced workplace injury attorney.

Before you file a claim, get your questions answered and discuss your compensation options with attorney David H. Bailly during a free consultation. Mr. Bailly has more than 30 years of experience representing injured workers in Minnesota and western Wisconsin and has handled over 3,500 work comp claims.

Schedule a time to meet with him today by calling 952-232-1053.

What To Do After A Work Injury

Following a work injury, take the following steps to protect your interests and get the care you need to recover:

Seek immediate medical attention — See a doctor right away and explain how your injury occurred, what you were doing and where you were when it happened.

Report your injury or illness to your employer — Inform your employer of your injury as soon as possible after the accident. Treat urgent medical needs first, then report it when you are able. For maximum eligibility for benefits, it is recommended you report your injury to your employer within 14 days.

Document the scene and any potential witnesses — Take pictures of your injury, as well as where the accident took place. Also, make note of any co-workers who were present at the time of the accident and get their names and contact information.

Speak with a workers’ compensation lawyer — Schedule a free consultation to discuss your case with an experienced workers’ compensation attorney who can help identify your recovery needs, adhere to important deadlines and guide you throughout the claims process.

Mr. Bailly operates on a “no win, no fee” basis. To learn more about how he can help you, call 952-232-1053.

File a workers’ compensation claim — Your employer should provide information on how to initiate the workers’ compensation claims process. Let your attorney review all provided information before submitting your claim.

Do You Need To File A Work Comp Claim?

To schedule your free case evaluation, please complete our online contact form or call 952-232-1053.

Mr. Bailly serves clients from his Eden Prairie office in Hennepin County, not far from Minneapolis.