Steps To Take After A Workplace Injury

A Denied Claim Or Discontinued Benefits Is Not The End

It is understandably concerning if your workers’ compensation claim is denied or if you have received notice that your benefits have been discontinued. However, what many people don’t realize is that a workers’ compensation denial is not that unusual, even for people who end up receiving benefits. In fact, a majority of workers’ comp claims are denied upon the initial filing. Further, the discontinuation of your benefits is not the last word. There are options for appeal that could restore your benefits.

David H. Bailly is an Eden Prairie attorney who helps clients in all aspects of workers’ compensation throughout Minnesota. With more than 30 years of legal experience, Mr. Bailly knows every aspect of the process thoroughly, including appeals of claim denials and discontinued benefits. His attention to detail and personalized approach give clients a sense of security, knowing that everything possible is being done to help them get their much-needed benefits.

What If My Claim Is Denied?

If you have received a denial of your workers’ compensation claim, David H. Bailly, Ltd., can help. Working with an experienced lawyer on the front end can greatly increase your chance of success, but if your claim is denied, you can still appeal and work through the process to get your benefits. Often, denials are a result of small filing errors, technical glitches and failure to provide the specific medical language required. David H. Bailly can help you correct these errors and obtain benefits.

What Are IMEs And QRCs?

An IME is an Independent Medical Examination, and a QRC is a Qualified Rehabilitative Consultant.

Over the years, many people have found ways to manipulate an exploit the workers’ compensation system. Sometimes they fake injuries, exaggerate injuries or claim that injuries are lingering when really, they are no longer symptomatic.

In an effort to minimize this type of cheating the system, IMEs are required for many people receiving benefits, and these IMEs are conducted by QRCs to make sure claimed injuries are real.

Mr. Bailly can help you understand the process and how to deal with IMEs and QRCs.

What If I Can No Longer Do The Same Job?

This is a common concern for people who have suffered serious injuries at work. What happens if your injuries prevent you from working in the same job or field? It’s one thing to get compensation for medical expenses and lost wages, but if you can’t ever do the same job and need an entirely new career path, is there help for that?

Yes. There are various forms of vocational training and career-change opportunities within the workers’ compensation system.

Contact David H. Bailly, Ltd.

Talk with an experienced attorney to get the answers you need. Call 952-232-1053 or email the firm today.